We offer a variety of programs for the public each year. Some are just for kids and some may be for those over 18 but the majority are suitable for all ages.
In addition to public events and school programs, Louisa County Conservation staff are available to give presentations to your group.
Call the office at 319-523-8381 if you have questions or would like to schedule a presentation.
- Full Moon Float
- eXtreme Kids - Wildcat Den State Park
- Earth Day Celebration
- Mother's Day on the Marsh *Full*
- Langwood Adventure Day
- eXtreme Kids - Odessa Exploration
- Swinging Bridge Festival Float
- Swinging Bridge Festival - Convict Highway Presentation
- Summer Nature Camps
- Caterpillar Camp (Entering K-1st Grade)
- River Raiders (Entering 6th-8th Grade)
- Tadpole Camp (Entering 1st-2nd Grade)
- Nature Detectives (Entering 2nd-3rd Grade)
- Outdoor Explorers (Entering 3rd-4th Grade)
- Great Escape (Entering 4th-5th Grade)
- The Best of the Best (Entering 5th-6th Grade)
- eXtreme Kids - Langwood High Ropes Course
If we have to cancel programs at the last minute, a message will be placed on voice mail and on Facebook. You can call the Louisa County Conservation office at (319)-523-8381 anytime to check the message.
Louisa County Conservation Board programs are open to people of all abilities. If you have special needs, contact us in advance so we can make any necessary arrangements.
Louisa County's programs and facilities are consistent with pertinent federal and state laws on nondiscrimination regarding race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age and abilities. Not all facilities and programs are fully accessible. However, if you contact us in advance, we will do our best to accommodate you.