Langwood Education Center
This beautiful 92-acre area is used by Louisa County Conservation for school field trips and public programs.
It is also available to rent for weddings, youth group campouts, reunions, birthday parties or just a quiet place to hang out with friends and family for a few days.
Location: 14019 H Avenue,Wapello IA 52653
Size: 92 acres
- Mowed open areas
- Hiking (3-miles of trails)
- Nature study
- Birding watching
- Fishing (pond)
- Paddling (pond) - six canoes are onsite!
- Challenge Course - requires LCC supervision & additional fees
- Hunting and trapping are NOT allowed
Langwood has the following amenities available on site:
- Lodge with full kitchen
- Restroom with showers - Please note: water is turned off in the winter.
- Dormitory with 21 beds
- Challenge Course
- Hiking trails
- Bird viewing blind
- Pond (about 5 acres)
- Fire rings
- Picnic tables
- Electric hookups for campers (50/30/20 amp service)
- Parking lot